I think, I am not the only one who is not particularly fond of ironing shirts. For this reason I am always listening to music when ironing and eventually I started dancing along the tunes. Sometimes the music would really hit me and I would dance ecstatically. And to my surprise I was still able to iron the shirts! Now, obviously ironing is not the most difficult activities in life, but at least you do need to have some sense of coordination and a steady hand. And this is not an easy feat when dancing ecstatically.
Now, a couple of years (and a lot of laundry!) later, I realise that Ecstatic Ironing is in fact an example of Hermetic Flow Dance. I connect with the flow, I contain the energy and I create with the raised energy. In this case, rather than flapping my arms around all over the place, I produce nice and wrinkless shirts! What makes Ecstatic Ironing Hermetic Flow Dance is the paradox of ecstatic movement (flow) on one side and Hermetic contained movement (ironing) on the other integrated into one and the same dance. To be able to integrate both together at the same time is a very intense dancing meditation.
This video is a try-out of how an half hour workshop of Hermetic Flow Dance would look like. It describes the three phases of the dance: contacting flow; containing flow hermetically; and their synthesis into hermetic flow dance. The latter shows how energy builds into ever higher frequencies until it becomes a transformative experience.
In this video the relationship between different parts of the body in the dance is explained. When the frequency of the dance increases, more parts of the body join at different levels. The result is that a lot of energy is raised in this way.
Hermetic Flow Dance is a unique dance technique which aims to release and increase the full potential of your body. The goal is to increases the vibration of your body to match with your spirit. The idea is that true spiritual development includes your body: as above, so below.
Characteristics of Hermetic Flow Dance
- In flow: it is very energy efficient as it connects with the flow of the cosmos.
- Contains energy: the energy raised is kept within the hermetic space of the body.
- Transforms energy: it transforms static energy (low vibration) in your body and being into flow of the moment (high vibration).
- Works with polarity: it combines flow and form movements in order to raise and transform energy.
- Consists of two phases: the letting go of old and heavy energy and creating new and lighter energy.
- 1st phase – death of the Phoenix
- Form – Staccato movements – emphasis on legs and pumping movements
- Characteristics: effort / pain / letting go / connecting with Kundalini energy / reviving old energy
- 2nd phase – rebirth of the Phoenix
- Force – Legato movements – emphasis on arms and round movements
- Characteristics: effortless / joy / creation / jumping movement / create with new energy
- Increasing vibration in steps: each step has its own frequency. You increase the vibration of the dance like raising steps on a ladder.
- Passionate: you dance with high intension as you try to take as many steps on the stairs as possible.
- Spiritual: the high intensity and frequency destroy old structures such as tensions, stress, emotions, and thoughts. The dance changes your state as it awakens your soul resulting in a twinkle in your eye in the Now.
- Based on Hermetic principles such as Law of Vibration, Polarity, Rhythm.
- Unique dance as it combines aspects of different types of dance such as salsa, Ecstatic Dance, Gurdfjieff Movements and Sufi dance.
In this video, I explain how to increase dance frequency by analogy of the steps of Jacob’s Ladder.
In this video the importance of a high vibration in dance is explained.
In this video I describe the two phases in Hermetic Flow Dance by thee example of the death and the rebirth of the phoenix.
In this video I try to explain the purpose of rhythm in dance. How it moves around flow and how it creates energy.
In this video, I explain the role of polarity in Hermetic Flow Dance and the importance of both staccato and legato movements at the same time in the dance.
In the video below, I try to explain how to contain energy during the dance. I discuss the concept of tonicy and two types of movement: staccato and legato.