I think, I am not the only one who is not particularly fond of ironing shirts. For this reason I am always listening to music when ironing and eventually I started dancing along the tunes. Sometimes the music would really hit me and I would dance ecstatically. And to my surprise I was still able to iron the shirts! Now, obviously ironing is not the most difficult activities in life, but at least you do need to have some sense of coordination and a steady hand. And this is not an easy feat when dancing ecstatically.
Now, a couple of years (and a lot of laundry!) later, I realise that Ecstatic Ironing is in fact an example of Hermetic Flow Dance. I connect with the flow, I contain the energy and I create with the raised energy. In this case, rather than flapping my arms around all over the place, I produce nice and wrinkless shirts! What makes Ecstatic Ironing Hermetic Flow Dance is the paradox of ecstatic movement (flow) on one side and Hermetic contained movement (ironing) on the other integrated into one and the same dance. To be able to integrate both together at the same time is a very intense dancing meditation.
This video is a try-out of how an half hour workshop of Hermetic Flow Dance would look like. It describes the three phases of the dance: contacting flow; containing flow hermetically; and their synthesis into hermetic flow dance. The latter shows how energy builds into ever higher frequencies until it becomes a transformative experience.
Once upon a time there were three little pigs with each had their own beliefs and convictions about the operations of the universe. Every now and then, a big bad wolf would come and he would huff and puff great storms of chaos and confusion at the three little pigs.
The first little piggie believed in chance. He had no idea about the operations of the universe: he only saw events which were all unique to him. His house was built of the straws which he would find by chance. But when the big bad wolf would come by and blow his chaotic winds, every time his house was blown to bits. Since because this little piggie has no idea about the universe he thought that there was nothing he could do about the terrible storms of the big bad wolf and he had peace with it.
The second little piggie believed in a big religion with a big book. In this book were many great and wise tales and ten wise lessons. He was told that when he lived his life according to these lessons, he would be safe against the storms. This piggie built his house from solid wood which he carefully selected. When the big bad wolf would come by, his house would survive many storms, but the more severe storms would still blow his house to pieces. Since, this little piggie believed in a bad force called Natas and in sins, he thought that he was being punished for being a bad little piggie and he had peace with it.
The last little piggie was a hermetist and a mason. His belief system was esoteric and based on the great Laws of the universe and of Know Thyself. As a result his house was made of carefully selected solid rocks cut in traditional masonic style. Because of the solid foundations, no matter how hard the great big wolf would huff and puff, he was not able to blow the stone house away.
The other two little piggies were amazed of how the hermetic little piggie’s house was able to withstand even the fiercest chaotic storms of the big bad wolf. And since they were homeless, they asked for refuge at the hermetic little piggies house. The hermetic little piggie took them in and taught then all he knew. Since his knowledge was once shared to him for free, he felt it was now his duty to share it with his fellow piggies as well. Armed with this knowledge the other two little piggies started building their own stone houses: in their own unique shapes, but based on the same laws.
Eventually, the little piggies even made peace with the great big wolf. They realised that without the chaotic and destructive force of the wolf, the first two little piggies would never have come to understand the great hermetic Laws of the universe.
And the big bad wolf came and blew this story away.
In this video the relationship between different parts of the body in the dance is explained. When the frequency of the dance increases, more parts of the body join at different levels. The result is that a lot of energy is raised in this way.
Hermetic Flow Dance is a unique dance technique which aims to release and increase the full potential of your body. The goal is to increases the vibration of your body to match with your spirit. The idea is that true spiritual development includes your body: as above, so below.
Characteristics of Hermetic Flow Dance
- In flow: it is very energy efficient as it connects with the flow of the cosmos.
- Contains energy: the energy raised is kept within the hermetic space of the body.
- Transforms energy: it transforms static energy (low vibration) in your body and being into flow of the moment (high vibration).
- Works with polarity: it combines flow and form movements in order to raise and transform energy.
- Consists of two phases: the letting go of old and heavy energy and creating new and lighter energy.
- 1st phase – death of the Phoenix
- Form – Staccato movements – emphasis on legs and pumping movements
- Characteristics: effort / pain / letting go / connecting with Kundalini energy / reviving old energy
- 2nd phase – rebirth of the Phoenix
- Force – Legato movements – emphasis on arms and round movements
- Characteristics: effortless / joy / creation / jumping movement / create with new energy
- Increasing vibration in steps: each step has its own frequency. You increase the vibration of the dance like raising steps on a ladder.
- Passionate: you dance with high intension as you try to take as many steps on the stairs as possible.
- Spiritual: the high intensity and frequency destroy old structures such as tensions, stress, emotions, and thoughts. The dance changes your state as it awakens your soul resulting in a twinkle in your eye in the Now.
- Based on Hermetic principles such as Law of Vibration, Polarity, Rhythm.
- Unique dance as it combines aspects of different types of dance such as salsa, Ecstatic Dance, Gurdfjieff Movements and Sufi dance.
In this video, I explain how to increase dance frequency by analogy of the steps of Jacob’s Ladder.
In this video the importance of a high vibration in dance is explained.
In this video I describe the two phases in Hermetic Flow Dance by thee example of the death and the rebirth of the phoenix.
In this video I try to explain the purpose of rhythm in dance. How it moves around flow and how it creates energy.
In this video, I explain the role of polarity in Hermetic Flow Dance and the importance of both staccato and legato movements at the same time in the dance.